GKOM to meet with freshman on March 26

According to Mike Meyer, GKOM sponsor, the GKOMS will meet with their freshmen in their designated rooms on March 26. The GKOMS will continue to connect with the students and be a guide for them. They will talk to the freshman if they need help with problems and are there to help figure out ways to help the students raise their grades.

“I think the program is very beneficial for Carmel High School. Studies have shown that students who have a mentor, the schools that have those types of programs receive much higher graduation rates and GPA and more student involvement,” Meyer said.

“I guide the Council, the Council is the motor that drives GKOM. I want to be the person that helps them and drives them. I don’t want to be the person that tells them what to do, “Meyer said.

“GKOM members will go to their freshman’s SRT and connect with their freshman and talk about upcoming events,” GKOM Council member and sophomore, Alyssa Miller said, “They are to provide both a mentor and a friend to freshman and help them prepare.”