LifeLines to prepare for Pre-Prom Awareness Week

Member and senior Blake Lazerov and member and junior Erica Toomey stand outside the auditorium to hand out pledge forms to not text and drive. Guest speaker Kira Hudson spoke to the Sophomore Class on March 30 for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week.

LifeLines currently does not have any events planned, but the members will meet and discuss events for Pre-Prom Awareness Week, which is from May 4 to 8.

According to sponsor Rebekah Overbey, the last big event after spring break is Pre-Prom Awareness Week.

Member and senior Blake Lazerov and member and junior Erica Toomey stand outside the auditorium to hand out pledge forms to not text and drive. In the auditorium, guest speaker Kira Hudson spoke to the Sophomore Class on March 30 for Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week.

“We will meet and we’ll talk about Pre-Prom. We have our speaker already lined up for the Junior Class, and that’s Mrs. Finbloom again,” she said. “It’s the week before Pre-Prom Awareness Week (on April 27) just because there’s a lot of stuff going on in the auditorium and there’s AP testing (going) on, so we’re trying to avoid conflicts.”

Overbey said the members will probably do announcements and may pass out something to students during the week.

Co-president and senior Sydney Burget said she thinks the week is important.

“The importance is really the same for all of the events, and that is to spread awareness of the danger of drugs and alcohol,” she said. “We hope that it also encourages students to have fun and not feel the need to drink or do drugs.”