Yearbook distribution to occur week of May 18

HOT OFF THE PRESS: Carmel High School custodial workers load 2008-09 yearbooks onto crates for distribution. Students may begin picking their orders up next Monday. MICHELLE HU / PHOTO

By Reid Connor

Update to this story (May 27): Summer yearbook delivery will occur starting on June 1 in the media center during summer school hours, 8 a.m. to noon.

According to yearbook sponsor Nicole Wilson, yearbook distribution this year will happen during the school week of May 18. Students can pick up their yearbook any of the five days after school until 6:15 p.m., or during lunch on their grade’s assigned day. The assigned day for seniors is May 19. For juniors it is May 20, for sophomores it is May 21, and for freshmen it is May 22.

Wilson said these assigned times are the only way that students will be able to pick up their yearbooks that week. There will, however, be one last chance for students to pick up their yearbook after school until 5 p.m. on May 26.

“There are no exceptions,” Nathaniel “Nate” Woeste, yearbook editor and senior, said. “Students just need to make sure to look for the signs (in the hallway) and know what times they can get their book.”

One change this year, according to Wilson, is that, depending on Media Center staffing, students may no longer be able to pick up their yearbooks over summer. As of now, the books must be picked up during distribution week or during the last chance day the week after. Books also may be picked up next school year. If summer distribution becomes possible, Wilson said she will make announcements at school.

There are also some rules that apply to picking up a book. “You must have an ID, you can only pick up your own book and do not come during class time,” Wilson said.

According to Wilson, any student who has not ordered a yearbook can still be put on a wait list. Books are $60 in cash only, and it is first come first serve. To be put on the wait list, Wilson says students can e-mail her their name, grade, phone number and SRT teacher, or come talk to her in room C145.