Senate prepares for Homecoming

According to senior senator Neil Shah, planning for Homecoming is the top priority for Senate right now. Homecoming week (https://hilite.org/homecoming/ ) will begin on Sept. 21 and will conclude on Sept. 26 with the Homecoming dance. Shah said Senate members are currently working on coordinating the spirit days, getting convertibles for the parade, doing the preliminary rounds of the trike race competition and organizing all of the booths.

Shah said Senate members have decided to keep the booths inside this year, rather than at the football stadium.

Senate members (left to right) Aaron Surface, Eric Virden and Mike Pitz check students in at the Blood Drive on Sept. 1. Senators said this blood drive is the largest in the state of Indiana and benefits the Indiana Blood Center. EMMA LOVE/ PHOTO

“The booths are going to stay indoors. We did that last year and we liked it. So rather than having everyone go down and be in a huge crowd at the booths at the stadium, we’re going to have them out during lunches. That way it’s a lot more disperse and people can go through all of the things on their own time,” Shah said.

Senate sponsor Michelle Foutz also said Senate members are working hard to prepare for Homecoming and that she is excited for this year.

“Every year I’m always impressed with the group of students we have. They’re great leaders and work to make the year great for the Carmel High School students,” Foutz said. “I think Homecoming is going to be their first opportunity to really jump in and start working, and I’m excited to see how they do.”