WHJE looks to continue program during second semester

Newscaster and senior Sam Weiderhaft works on his upcoming broadcast for WHJE. He said he was looking forward to finishing the second semester with greater content. MATTHEW ZHENG// PHOTO

WHJE plans to continue its usual activities as it goes through the second semester.
Newscaster and senior Sam Weiderhaft said that the station has maintained its usual program and content.
“We’re just doing what we’ve been doing for the past 50 years. Each department is keeping up with its responsibilities,” Weiderhaft said.
Weirderhaft also said the station has increased its content this year because of the guidance of WHJE adviser Brian Spilbeler.
“This year, we’ve been able to make a lot more projects. We’ve been doing a lot more individual assignments and it’s allowed us to make more content for the station.” Weiderhaft said.
According to WHJE adviser Brian Spilbeler, the station will continue to do everything else it has done in the past.
“The structure is pretty much the same. We’ve improved our website and have a lot of people submitting for the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters (IASB) contest.” Spilbeler said.