CHS A.C.T. Brain Game match to be televised March 12

On Feb. 17, the Academic Competition Team (A.C.T.), formerly known as the Brain Game team, defeated Zionsville High School in a Brain Game match, with a score of 41 to 17. The event will be televised on Channel 13 at 7 p.m. on March 12. A.C.T. coach John Shearin said he encourages everyone to tune in and support their fellow classmates.
Shearin said, according to the Brain Game match’s moderator, this is the highest score for a single team in one match this season. The team has a tough challenge coming up, according to Shearin, as it will face North Central High School on March 16.
“It’s going to be tough. North Central always puts up a good team,” he said. Shearin said this Brain Game match could be the team’s last competition of the season, because, if the team loses, CHS is eliminated from the tournament. However, he said he is still looking forward to hopefully coaching next year and trying to iron out some of the issues the team is having this year.
According to Sameer Leley, A.C.T member and senior, one of the team’s biggest challenges this year is the lack of regular players. He said he encourages more people to try it out next year, since he said he thinks it is a great time for students to be able to challenge their minds.
Leley said, “If you like SRT Brain Game and you think you are really good at it, try (A.C.T.). It is a lot of fun and I recommend students to try it out.”