PTO Open House Scheduled for Aug. 27

The PTO Open House, scheduled to take place on August 27 at this school, will help parents become familiarized with not only their students’ schedules, but also the high school staff and the school itself. It is usually the parents who come to the PTO Open House, but students are also welcome.

The event will start at 6 p.m., with an Ambassadors performance and a general meeting at the school auditorium, where Principal John Williams then PTO President Cathy Huber will speak about a variety of topics.

“I’m going to be speaking about the two main fundraisers,” Huber said. “One is the membership fundraiser, and the other big one is the homecoming dance fundraiser.”

Parents will then have the rest of the night to follow their students’ Blue and Gold day schedules, learn everything CHS students learn on their first day of school and become acquainted with the staff members of this four-star school. Parents are encouraged to bring a notepad and pen.

“This is their [parents’] one opportunity to meet the teachers, and they should take advantage of this opportunity,” Huber said. Parents may park their cars at any available space when they arrive, and there will be shuttle buses around the school, if necessary. By Monica Cheng <[email protected]>