Tour de Carmel scheduled to begin Sept. 12

The Carmel Clay Parks and Recreation (CCPR) is scheduled to have Tour De Carmel beginning Saturday, Sept. 12. Along with this event, the CCPR has over sixteen programs for teens beginning in September. (Click here to visit the CCPR site.)

Tour De Carmel is a 10-mile and 20-mile bike ride that takes participants through parts of Carmel, stopping at designated resting stops in order to try healthy snacks, drinks and experience other forms of entertainment along the way. The fee is $6 per person and students would have to wake up early in order to participate in this event.

“If they (students) can wake up early, the race goes from 7:30 to noon,” Lindsay Labas, marketing manger for CCPR, said.

Also, because the Aqua Park is open during the summer, there are more options in events and programs students could volunteer and participate in.

“There’s a wider variety of programs that we offer, because of the outdoor Aqua Park being open,” Labas said.

Labas encourages students to participate and volunteer for events not only to help out, but also to make new friends. Volunteering would include checking participants in, managing the concession stand and just helping out when needed.

“They (volunteers) are basically on hand to help make sure that the events run smoothly and to provide the guests a memorable experience,” Labas said.