• HiLite Online will resume generating content once the 2018-19 school year begins on Aug. 14.

National Merit Semifinalists participate in reception, share reactions, tips

Paul Klinger

“When I got my PSAT score back and realized that I probably got national merit semi-finalist, I was obviously very happy. I knew that it meant a lot for scholarship opportunities and meant half off tuition for my first choice school: USC. I had been preparing for the PSAT since January, and I can proudly say that my score has generously increased by a couple hundred of points.”

Justin Ren

“When I found out that I got National Merit, I did not feel anything really. It was just a relief that I didn’t do badly. Overall though, nothing has really changed, and it’s just something that sort of happened to me.”

Sarah McDanell

“I think after taking the PSAT and checking my score, I eventually realized that I got barely above the cutoff. So, I was of course very surprised that I managed to get it, but also very happy, too. I definitely prepared for it with the intent of getting National Merit. My biggest tip is just taking as many practice tests as possible, online or in books.”

1

About the Writers
Apurva Manas, Photographer
Related Posts:CHS National Merit Semifinalists Carmel, IN – Carmel Clay Schools congratulates the 52 Carmel High School students named National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists for 2018. These seniors have the opportunity to continue in the competition for 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth more than $32 million.…School vs. Sports: CHS students struggle to balance academics, athletics Slowly...
Bryce Cheng, Beats Editor in Chief