Students take PSAT, PLAN, ASVAB standardized tests

Sophomores and juniors are preparing to take the PSAT Standardized test scheduled for Oct. 14.

“I don’t enjoy taking standardized tests, but they do help” junior Zach King said. The PSAT is a pre-SAT test, which prepares sophomores, and especially juniors for the SATs. Both the PSAT and the SAT standardized tests have similar question formatting, which familiarizes students with that type of format.

“The PSAT test is exceptionally good practice for the SAT test,” Director of Counseling, Linda Skafish, said. Skafish said that in addition to the juniors and sophomores, the freshmen and seniors would also be participating in this school wide testing day. “The freshmen will take the PLAN, and the seniors will take the ASVAB test” Skafish said.

An option for students is to also apply for the PSAT prep-course. The prep-course classes took place late September. These classes provide the student with a customized study guide and a list of colleges that they may be best suited for.

King said he realizes that this is a big deal, and that he must do well on this test. King said that when he has taken standardized tests in the past he said that he passes, and usually scores around average. “This test won’t get me into college, but it will certainly help” King said. By Keshav Masani <[email protected]>