Freshman scheduling meeting Nov. 11

There will be a scheduling meeting for parents of freshmen on Nov. 11 from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Freshman Center cafeteria. The Freshman Class will be locking in their schedules for the 2010-11 school year starting on Nov. 16.

Freshman counselor Mary Lou Curless said the meeting will be informing parents on useful scheduling tools, such as using the Program of Studies. Details on prerequisites, partial weight and full weight classes and required courses are only some of the topics that will be covered at the meeting, she said.

One important note to keep in mind is that the last day to turn in an application—for any class that requires one-is Feb. 1. The application will also be accepted at the freshmen’s scheduled appointments during the month of November. Without the application, students will be unable to waive into an honors class.

“It was kind of stressful in picking what classes I would take,” freshman Madeline Tatum said about scheduling last year for her freshman classes. “I wasn’t sure if I was going to get in.”

“Freshmen get bumped out of electives pretty quick,” Curless said. “When they get to be a junior or senior, they get the pick of the litter.”

All three counselors of the Freshman Center are planning to give classroom presentations about scheduling from Nov. 10-13. The actual scheduling beings on Nov. 16. By Adele Zhou <[email protected]>