Scheduling meetings to begin week of Nov. 7

The scheduling process for the 2010-2011 school year will begin for freshmen the week of Nov. 7 through their English classes. Teacher recommendation forms will be distributed in SRT Nov. 10 and recollected by SRT teachers on Nov. 12. A meeting is scheduled for parents of freshmen on Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. in the freshman cafeteria.

Sophomores will meet with counselors during SRT Nov. 12 in Media Center classrooms or auditorium classrooms and should plan on remaining in their SRTs this day. Before the meetings, SRT teachers will be handing out Program of Studies and other scheduling materials to students. There will also be a parent meeting on Nov. 11 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

Juniors will not meet with their counselors until second semester on Jan. 12 during SRT in media center classrooms or auditorium classrooms. There is also a meeting for parents of juniors on Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. Teacher recommendation forms will be distributed during SRT Jan. 12 before the meetings and students should return these forms Jan. 14 to their SRT teachers.

Scheduling information for eighth-grade students will be sent home before winter break, and Academic Trnsition Night is scheduled for Jan. 12 from 5:30 to 8:45 p.m.

Counselor Becky Stuelpe said there is a reason for starting the scheduling process so early in the year. According to Stuelpe, all the counselors must meet individually with students to get information sent to the central office so they can begin preparation for next year.

Stuelpe said students do not have to have their final schedules ready for their individual meetings with their counselors. “They have until March 1 to make any schedule changes they want to make.” Any schedule change made after this date will be based on the course’s ability. By Emma Neukam <[email protected]>