AVID students to learn how to prepare for college

AVID students work and socialize during SRT. AVID SRT teacher Gordon Copee said the students will continue to learn more about the transition from high school to college.

With most students receiving acceptance letters for their respective colleges, AVID continues to teach them tips on how to prepare and be ready for college.  According to AVID SRT teacher Gordon Copee, consistency is one of the most important things for the jump between college and high school.

He said it is important to “(make) sure that from high school to college you are consistent with keeping a high GPA and doing the small things, like paying attention in class…If a student does these things, college will be very similar to high school and there won’t be that much of a difficult difference. This is something that hopefully students will learn from the AVID program.”

AVID student and junior Riley Judson said she believes that doing the homework and not missing class is the most important thing in college.

“I think that making sure you’re available and ready for class is really important. I feel that, often times, if you just do the work that the teacher assigns you, you get the results that you want,” she said.  By Pranav Jothirajah 

http://www.avid.org