Spread the Word: CCS to put informative videos regarding vaping on CCS website

Superintendent Michael Beresford comments on the student's excitement for the end of the school year. Beresford said he hopes the school will be improved over the summer for the start of the next school year.

Misha Rekhter

With the explosion in popularity of vaping, the action or practice of inhaling and exhaling the vapor produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device, among teenagers, Carmel Clay Schools (CCS) has decided to tackle the issue head on. CCS intends to release informational videos exploring the negative ramifications of vaping for parents and students to educate themselves regarding the topic. Moreover, Superintendent Michael Beresford said if students are educated about an issue, he is confident students will make good choices.

“Students are smart so if you show them how dangerous these vapes are to their bodies, I think the decision to stop should become obvious,” Beresford said.

Additionally, Beresford said “dab pens”, which are used to vape tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) products, contain such high concentrations of THC that students are self-reporting themselves to the school.

“Many of the students just don’t understand how powerful these vapes are until they are ‘too high’ and come to the nurse because they are afraid,” Beresford said

Furthermore, student body president Tim Metken said CHS should take measures to deter students from vaping in school.

“If the school wants people to vape less, then they should make it harder to vape at school,” Metken said.  By Misha Rekhter 

http://www1.ccs.k12.in.us/district/home

0