Counseling center to continue helping students with AP exams

Melinda+Stephan%2C+college+and+careers+programming+and+resources+coordinator%2C+reads+emails+and+plans+to+send+out+more+emails+soon+about+AP+exams.+The+last+day+of+AP+testing+is+May+17.+
Melinda Stephan, college and careers programming and resources coordinator, reads emails and plans to send out more emails soon about AP exams. The last day of AP testing is May 17.

The counseling center continues to help students prepare for upcoming AP exams that will end May 17 according to Melinda Stephan, college and careers programming and resources coordinator.

Stephan also said that emails should continue to be checked for updates students should know along with “tiny details” such as where students will be taking their exam. Stephan added that students should remember to bring a number two pencil and a black or blue pen as most AP tests require students to bring those two items.

“We have over 3,300 tests that (this school) is giving and 1,700 students who are taking exams. We want to make sure that they are all prepared for their AP tests,” Stephan said.

Freshman Yashaswini Battina, who will be taking the AP World History exam scheduled for May 16, said that she “is nervous but ready.”

Battina continued with, “I’m happy that the counselors are making sure that (students) know important info about their AP exam; it’s really helpful especially since we’re all so busy.”  By Viyang Hao