Cabinet wraps up year with Paint War, plans for 2019-2020 school year

+House+members+meet+in+the+freshmen+cafeteria+during+SRT.+The+last+House+meeting+was+on+May+3.

House members meet in the freshmen cafeteria during SRT. The last House meeting was on May 3.

Christina Yang

After finishing what Cabinet sponsor Sarah Wolff said was “the best show Cabinet has put together for (Music for Miracles)”, Speaker of the House Neil-Walker Simmons said Cabinet will have its last event, Paint War, on May 18 from 1 to 2 p.m. at the field across the Murray Stadium. The registration before the event will be due on May 15, but students may still sign up at the event.

“It’s just a fun messy event with paint,” Simmons said.

Wolff said, “We always want to end on something fun just for our students–it’s not a community event, (and) it’s really not even a big fundraiser for us, to be quite honest, by the time we buy all of the supplies.”

Looking forward to next year, Simmons and Wolff said members will collect the 2019-2020 Cabinet applications that were due on May 13 and set up interview times for the applicants. Once they complete that process, the 2019-2020 Cabinet will spend the summer bonding, organizing a golf event and planning for the next school year.

0
Christina Yang, Managing Editor

Hello! My name is Christina Yang (yes, I have watched Grey’s Anatomy before), one of the five managing editors, and I can’t wait to lead the team that...