AVID teaches students about future jobs

Being apart of an AVID SRT helps students like sophomore Myles Embry to get his homework done. “Being in an AVID SRT makes it easier to get my homework done because I am able to concentrate with less distractions,” he said.

As the school year comes to an end, the AVID program will also begin to finish its curriculum. According to AVID teacher Elizabeth Galvan, the program will finish the year by teaching students about future careers.

“Students are currently learning about what a future career path could look like. Whatever they have been learning over the last year will be applied to this and these skills will carry over to these jobs. That’s the main goal of the program: to have the skills we are teaching apply to their future,” she said.

Myles Embry, AVID student and sophomore, said that learning about future careers has been really helpful for finding what he’s interested in.

“I was never really sure what I wanted to do as a career, but what we have been doing in AVID has helped me learn about what I could do as a job,” he said.  By Pranav Jothirajah 

http://www.avid.org