Green Action Club plans for upcoming school year

As Green Action Club undergoes a change in officers and goals for the upcoming year, club members are looking forward to an increased impact on CHS through larger impact projects.

“We have Oct. 14 finalized as the day we will be bringing in speakers and students from Hamilton South Eastern high school to talk to us about their process to get solar panels installed in the school. We are hoping to learn from them and try to make a change at CHS,” said Maanya Rajesh, Green Action Club officer and sophomore.

“We meet every other Monday in B207 and highly encourage everyone to come to our meetings if they have any interest in the environment or in leading a youth based project,” member Felipe Martinez Guimaraes said. “We are really hoping to expand the club because more members can create a larger change in our community.”

Club sponsor Sarah Gillim said since the officers and basic structure of the club has changed this year, she looks forward to see how students are able to best reach out and impact the environment. By: Laasya Mamidipalli