Top 10… Most popular gifts this holiday season

Still looking for that great gift idea? How about holiday music of the perfect seasonal movie night? The Hilite’s got you covered with these lists

Compiled by Audrey Bailey

1. Wii Balance Board and Wii Fit Plus Game Bundle

Like last holiday season, the Wii is back and is now offering other features like the balance board that allows students to do various exercises and track fitness progress. It is the most popular gift of the holiday season.

Price: Around $300

Where: Best Buy, Game Stop

2. iPhone 3GS

The new iPhone is able to offer the same as previous models, while also providing voice control, video recording, 32GB of storage and more.

Price: $299 to $699

Where: Target, Apple Store

3.iPod touch

The iPod touch stores music while also allowing the download of apps ranging from games to helpful tools. The iPod touch can also get Wi-Fi connections allowing students to go online.

Price: Starting at $199

Where: Apple Store, Best Buy

4.Beatles Rock Band

Similar to the other Rock Band, where students can create a virtual band and play using gaming guitars, drums and vocals, Beatles Rock Band features music by the Beatles along with special effects.

Price: $239.99 to $248.99

Where: Game Stop, Best Buy

5.Call of Duty

This video game is a single-player game that allows students to take part in WWII as either an American, British or Soviet soldier. Students are then placed with computer-controlled allies to fight through the game.

Price: Around $52.99 to $79.99

Where: Target

6. HP Mini Netbook

This small, portable laptop is great for storing music, games photos and more. Also, with long-lasting battery power and a petite frame, this computer is ideal for students.

Price: About $379.99

Where: Target

7.PSP

These include downloading of Play station games and movies, Bluetooth support for Skype communication, MP3 ability, built in Wi-Fi and Memory Stick use.

Price: around $250

Where: Target

8. Kindle Reading Device

This device allows students to download newspapers, books and other forms of literature onto the Kindle device, allowing them a portable way to access information.

Price: $199 to $260

Where: Best Buy

9. Flip Video

This device allows easy video recording with one touch, and is also small and compact allowing students to carry it wherever they go.

Price: $149.99 to $229.99

Where: Best Buy, Radio Shack

10.Sims 3

This virtual world, gives students the opportunity to create people, societies and characteristics. With new features in creating your Sim, this game is for all ages and all personalities. The new game will be a new take on the computer game of the century. Due to the popularity of the past games, Sims three is a guarantee hit.

Price: $39.99 to $49.99

Where: Target