Greyhound Sound discontinues due to busy schedules

Due to busy spring schedules, Lamonte Kuskye, the director of Greyhound Sound, is unsure if Greyhound Sound can continue into second semester.

According to Kuskye, although most everyone in Greyhound Sound wants to continue, they cannot because they are too busy.

“Right now I don’t feel like we can, just because of my schedule. I direct the musical, and we start competition season, so it’s going to get really difficult for me. But we’ll see what we can do, because the guys really want to continue,” Kuskye said.

Stopping Greyhound Sound during the second semester of the school year has been a tradition. In the second semester, a lot of the Greyhound Sound members get far busier, according to Kuskye.

Nevertheless, Kuskye is still excited for the next time Greyhound Sound will continue. Kuskye said Holiday Spectacular will be even better the next year than this year.

“I already have ideas, and I’m set to go. I even have a folder sitting right there (on the shelf) of all the ideas for Holiday Spec. I can’t wait,” Kuskye said.

Freshman Eric Cui had hoped to join Greyhound Sound in the second semester.

“I heard it was a lot of fun from some of my upperclassmen friends, so I wanted to join. I thought I would get to know others at this school. Unfortunately, it won’t be possible if Greyhound Sound stops,” Cui said. By Tony Tan <[email protected]>