Counseling Center to start scheduling for sophomores on Nov. 7

Counselor+Casey+Danubio+and+junior+Sandra+Yang+discuss+college+plans+on+Oct.+28+at+the+counseling+center.+Danubio+and+Yang+talked+about+college+applications+and+letters+of+recommendation.+
Counselor Casey Danubio and junior Sandra Yang discuss college plans on Oct. 28 at the counseling center. Danubio and Yang talked about college applications and letters of recommendation.

The counseling center is starting scheduling for sophomores for the 2023-24 school year. Counselor Casey Danubio said counselors will be meeting with their students one-on-one to talk about their course requests.

“Starting Nov. 7, we will sit down one-on-one with each of the students and put in their course requests and go over their transcripts and their credits and the graduation plan,” Danubio said.

Additionally, Danubio said students have received an email regarding time slots to meet with their counselors.

Danubio said, “Each counselor has sent out an email to their students via Naviance and if you don’t have your email in Naviance, you should definitely put it in there because that’s how counselors will communicate with their classes. There’s a scheduling link on (Naviance) where you can click on that and pick which day and time works for you for a 15- or 20-minute slot throughout the month of November.”

Sophomore Sadie McCool said she received the email from her counselor and she wants her counselor to help analyze which classes are the best fit for her.

“During my meeting with my counselor, I would like to talk about whether or not my course load is too much,” McCool said.

Danubio said, “The appointment is mandatory; we really do want to meet one-on-one with all of the sophomores.”