HOMECOMING HYPE: CHS students look forward to Homecoming Week

Homecoming week is near, taking place from Sept. 26 to Oct. 1. This week of celebration includes various events that both students and teachers can enjoy together. For junior Jackson Yeary, Homecoming week is a very unique and cherished time. According to Yeary, he is looking forward to many different Homecoming events, in particular, the Green Day on Sept. 30.

“For Homecoming week, I’m most looking forward to Green Day,” Yeary said. “Not only is it great to have an easy day where your classes are only 25 minutes, but it’s also cool to see the whole school come together in spirit by wearing their gold and blue.”

Similarly, Senior Conner Feeney is also looking forward to Green Day due to the various special events such as the trike race. In addition, Feeney said he is also looking forward to dressing up each day of the Week.

“I’m really looking forward to the trike race and dressing up for Homecoming week,” Feeney said. “It’s cool to see what everyone else is going to wear and how the school comes together to have a good time.”

According to Yeary, Green Day is an important part of Homecoming week due to its ability to unite students and provide some relaxation.

“First, Green day provides an easy­going day for the students and staff where they can just enjoy themselves and relax,” Yeary said. “Secondly, it gives a chance to see what Carmel is all about. The whole school’s spirit culminates with everyone wearing their blue and gold and sitting in the stands at the stadium at the end of the Green Day where we watch trike races, performances, and everyone has a good time as one massive student body.”

In the same way, CHS teacher Allison Hargrove also believes the events of

Homecoming week are important because they allow students to take a break.

“It’s nice to take a break from the hard work of school and step back to relax for a bit,” Hargrove said. “Homecoming week provides students with many fun activities that allow them to do so.”

Hargrove said she is also looking forward to the students and teachers dressing up. “It’s fun seeing kids and teachers dressing up,” Hargrove said. “It’s not only interesting to see what they’re going to wear, but it also gives the school a greater sense of unity.”

For Yeary, Homecoming week is an event that he looks forward to every single year. “Homecoming is great because it’s an entire week of fun and spirit,” Yeary said. “Seeing everyone in their costumes for each day of the week is just really great and allows for the school to bond as a whole.”

HiLite • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$20
$500