CHS art department plans to build new ArtsGarden

According to art teacher Jennifer Bubp, the art department is creating the ArtsGarden in the freshman center courtyard located behind Room H115.

w.artaltcov“We wanted to transform this very unused, empty courtyard space into a beautiful, aesthetics, inspiring outdoor classroom setting,” Bubp said. “It could be a space for students to create artwork; for the English classes to do writing activities; for performing arts to use to do small performances; for special education students to go out when they need to go outside.”

The ArtsGarden will include flowers, artwork and a hanging arbor and will feature a mural that celebrates the history of Carmel and the Art and Design District. The industrial technology department has also collaborated with the art department to create seating to accommodate 40 people.

“While we hope that the garden will always be changing and growing, we hope to be done in May in order to have an opening celebration at the end of the year,” Bubp said.

She said that this project has been something she wanted to do for a number of years.

“I wanted to create a collaborative experience where students, faculty, departments, where we all come together to create something beautiful. I want this to be something that brings the community together,”  Bubp said.