Choral ‘Fun’-raisers: CHS Choirs to host car wash, rummage sale to kick off performance season

Choral Fun-raisers: CHS Choirs to host car wash, rummage sale to kick off performance season

On Saturday, the choir department will host its annual car wash  from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the west parking lot, in order to raise money for the cost of competitions in the spring; the earnings will be used to fund costumes, choreographers and traveling expenses.

According to Director of Choirs Kathrine Kouns, members of Ambassadors and their parents will manage the car wash. Kouns said grocery stores and Ambassadors members sold the tickets throughout the summer.

In addition, Grace Miller, Ambassadors member and senior, said the car wash will be beneficial for students since it will cover some of members’ annual expenses and encourage students to work diligently and cooperate throughout the year.

“Each year, the Ambassadors have new expenses as each year begins. It’s a tradition to have the car wash each year not only because it’s a good fundraiser, but it provides an opportunity for the Ambassadors to work hard through serving others,” she said via email.

Miller said she was looking forward to helping the choir department while simultaneously having a good time.

“This will be my first year participating in the event as this is my first year as an Ambassador, but I believe it will be beneficial for everyone involved. Clients will get their car washed while the Ambassadors get an opportunity to raise their own funds,” she said.

Kouns said she agrees and that  students can have fun working with each other while providing a service for others.

“(The car wash) is a great event to kick off the year and get the students working together. It also helps us raise money early,” she said via email.

According to Kouns, this car wash is one of the fundraising events the choir department will partake in this year, including hosting a rummage sale the same day, at the same time on the west side of CHS, to also raise funds for their season.

“The Accents will also be competing and traveling this year so they will also be participating in some additional fundraisers to help offset their costs. These events are still to be determined,” she said. “It’s a great event to kick off the year and get the students working together. It also helps us raise money early.”

Miller said she agrees these summer fundraisers will encourage choir students to collaborate and members of Ambassadors and Accents should look forward to getting to know each other through these  events at the beginning of the school year.

“I am really looking forward to these events because it will give the Ambassadors and Accents a chance to make (some) friendships, work hard and foster communal growth,” Miller said. “I expect these events to be fun, challenging and overall  a great experience.”