Theatre students scheduled to perform at IndyFringe fest

By Ellie Seta
<[email protected]>

On Aug. 22 and 31 at noon seven theater students will perform at IndyFringe Festival. They will perform at Theatre on the Square on 627 Massachusetts Ave. in downtown Indianapolis. Tickets will be available at the door or online at www.indyfringe.org. Admission is $7 for students and $10 for general admission.

The students will be performing the same original play, That One Show that they performed this summer at the Scotland Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. Performers include Jillian Bonanne, Karaline Feller, Kristen Lieber, Erin Lowe, Amy Medeiros, Liz van Hoose and Emily Veno.

“The show is a documentary theatre piece about theatre,” director of theatre Maggie Cassidy said. “The students involved interviewed teachers, friends, and strangers about their opinions on theatre. We

then transcribed the interviews and compiled them into a short play. The students essentially wrote the play with the words of the people they interviewed.” Cassidy said several other high schools and theatre companies from across Indiana will also be performing.

“We have a lot of competition for tomorrows time slot,” Cassidy said. “But we hope to definitely have a big crowd next Sunday.”

View Comments (2)
$20
$500

• D

DavidSep 7, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Also, Eric Root deserves credit because he was the stage manager in Scotland and during INdyFringe. And Victoria Glascock and Ella Raymont were performers in Scotland.

Reply
  • D

DavidSep 7, 2008 at 4:31 pm

The play was called, That ONE Show: Backstage Confessions.

Reply