Student Venture to host Snapperz outreach Feb. 10

Aaron Crull speaks to students at the Student Venture call-out meeting on Jan. 31. According to sponsor Brian Clark, Crull will speak again during the Feb. 7 meeting. NATALIE MAIER / PHOTO
On Feb. 10, this school’s Student Venture members will host an event at Snapperz in Clay Terrace for middle school students. According to Kate Shanklin, Student Action Leadership Team (S.A.L.T.) member and senior, middle school participants can attend the outreach from 6 to 10 p.m.
“They can bowl, rock climb and play a bunch of other games,” Shanklin said.

Student Venture continues the events for the middle school students with the “Beauty Bash” outreach, which Shanklin said focuses on inner beauty. A date has not been set for this event, but it is only for female students who attend Creekside Middle School.

“I am really excited for this one because in middle school, it’s so easy to get caught up in what is on the outside, like what others think,” Shanklin said. “I think this is a great way to remind girls that the most important thing is for them to remember how God sees them.”
According to the Carmel Student Venture newsletter, leaders scheduled “Carmel Idol,” which is an annual outreach event, for March 8. Shanklin said details and more information is still in the works.
Student Venture hosted a callout meeting for the second semester on Jan. 31. According to sponsor Brian Clark, about 175 students attended the meeting, where Aaron Crull shared his story about God. Clark said Crull spoke at the club’s last meeting on Feb. 7.
Clark said via email, “Next week he is talking about ‘What would the world look like if teens really believed the faith they often connect themselves to and did what the Bible said about morality and serving the poor and those in need?’”
Shanklin said the increased attendance at the call-out meeting pleased Student Venture’s leaders.
Shanklin said, “We wanted to have a call-out meeting because we found that a lot of people thought that Student Venture was like other clubs, like after the first few meetings there couldn’t really be newcomers. Our goal is to have new people every week.”