Creative Writing Contest Literary Magazine To Be Released

Rayah O’Rear, Creative Writing Club member and freshman, gets food before the meeting starts. Creative Writing Club meets every Tuesday in Room E148. NIDA KHAN / PHOTO

According to Jerry Brickley, Creative Writing Club sponsor and English teacher, the fifth annual Creative Writing Contest literary magazine, called Reflections, will be released within the next week.

The magazine is comprised of all the entries to the contest. The contest had three categories: short stories, essays and poetry. The literary magazine will be available in the English office and the media center.

“Everyone who entered can certainly get a copy,” Brickley said.

In addition to the publishing of Reflections, the club is working on writing and remaking classic fairytales. Members plan on sharing their works with each other in the upcoming meetings. The Creative Writing Club has been trying to collaborate with the Comic Book Club for the past couple of weeks.

“We’ve been really slowed down due to the snow days,” Ariana “Ari” Roberts, Creative Writing Club secretary and junior, said. Her goal is to make a literary magazine with comics in it. Many of the members in Creative Writing Club hold positions in the Comic Book club, and they are excited with the idea. They are hoping to have a product in the next few months.

For information about last year’s Creative Writing Contest, click here.