Cyber art show to offer space for displaying a large amount of student art

The CHS cyber art show will be up on Facebook starting in the middle of April—the exact date still to be determined. Students can access the show by typing Carmel High school cyber art show into Facebook’s search box.  According to Michael Lee, cyber art show coordinator and ceramics teacher, artwork will be displayed from all art classes in order to display more art than can be displayed in a physical art show.

“There’s more space in cyberspace,” Lee said. “This way, you know, grandma and grandpa can see your artwork which we may not have had room to display in a regular art show.”

Lee said he is currently collecting works from all the art classes.

The art show at SoHo Cafe and Gallery was last week on March 11. It included live music, snacks, and student and faculty art covering the walls of the cafe. Kathy Huang, art student and junior, attended the event and had a painting in the show. Her painting, Icarus, is based on a character from Greek Mythology who flew too close to the sun. The painting is of a boy’s face illuminated with sunlight.

Huang said that she liked having a local show opposed to one farther away. She also said she enjoyed seeing teachers’ works.

“Students should come to art shows because you get to see how talented the students are at CHS,” Huang said. “You also get to see all the art classes together. It’s really cool. Plus you get snacks.”