Club Med to plan for next year

Sponsor Alyssa Mastin meets with students after the end of the school day. Mastin said that the end of the school day can often be chaotic with both Club Med members and students in her classes coming by her room.

Tara Kandallu

Club Med leaders hosted a food party at their last meeting of the year on April 23. The club has no plans for the rest of the year, but will continue to work on events for next year. Sponsor Alyssa Mastin and Co-president Kate Adaniya said they believed the event would be a good way to end the club’s year.

Adaniya said, “(The last meeting was) a way that everyone can really relax and enjoy spending time with people in the club.”

Adaniya also said that the club did similar events in the past and that club members enjoyed them. Although Mastin was not the sponsor last year, she also believed that students would enjoy the event.

Mastin said, “The food party combined some things that kids really like—food and socialization.” She said she believed it would be a big hit.

0

Tara Kandallu, Acumen Associate Editor

Hello, I’m Tara Kandallu, an associate editor for the Acumen, which is an themed newsmagazine that comes out every quarter. During my sophomore year on HiLite staff, I experienced being a News Reporter and an Online Copy Editor. Works from those positions and other forays into different parts of HiLite staff are to the right. When I am not spending my time at school or on the HiLite, I like to read, draw, and spend time with my friends and family.