TEDx gears up for conference on Dec. 1

TEDx gears up for conference on Dec. 1

Sophomore Carol You talks to her friends during lunch. You said she is excited to give a TED talk at the conference on Dec. 1 about Asian misrepresentation in the media.

Rhea Acharya

TEDx is hosting its next conference on Dec. 1 from 1 to 6 p.m. in the Studio Theater. All the speakers will deliver their take on the conference’s central theme, “In a New Light.”

Selin Oh, TEDx president and senior, said this conference is special for her because it will be her last one with the club as she is graduating next year.

Oh said,  “Overall, I’m very excited. Every single time we have a new conference, I am filled with excitement, so I am glad to be able to experience this again. And for the last time.”

However, she said she is nervous because although a lot of people have expressed interest in attending, many of these people have not actually bought their tickets yet. Because of this, the club has been posting the link to buy tickets on social media this week.

Allison Hargrove, TEDx sponsor and social studies teacher said, “I’m really excited about our conference. I’m definitely looking forward to it because we have a good lineup of speakers.”

Sophomore Carol You is part of this lineup of speakers. She was chosen to speak at the conference after her audition in October. You said her speech is about Asian misrepresentation in the media.

You said, “I’m nervous, but I’m really excited because I’ve worked hard on this speech. And it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while. But I am kind of scared that I will go up there and not say everything that I want to say.” By Rhea Acharya

0
Rhea Acharya, Beats Editor

Hi! I’m Rhea Acharya, and this is my first year on HiLite staff. I’m excited to be filling the role of as a Beats Editor and News Reporter! Outside...