ComedySportz trains for SRT Match

Ayden Stewart (left) leads younger students in ComedySportz exercises. His goal was to teach them the basics of improv.

The ComedySportz team is currently preparing for its annual SRT match. The match will take place during second semester and will benefit Riley Children’s Hospital. The match will be intramural, with members divided into two teams. Tickets will be available for purchase at the beginning of second semester.

In order to prepare for the SRT match, the team has attended weekly practices.

Piper Dafforn, ComedySportz captain and senior, said, “(Our main focus during practice has been) learning games, working on team chemistry and improving our skills.”

With several weeks left before details of the match are final, ComedySportz sponsor Jim Peterson said the team is in the beginning stages of planning the event.

Peterson said, “We’re working on (planning the SRT match). The team is trying to coordinate with Senate to find a date.”

In the meantime, Dafforn said she enjoys preparing for the match and is excited for the team’s upcoming events.

Dafforn said, “Seeing everyone on the team start to get close and comfortable performing with each other is definitely my favorite part so far, but I can’t wait for our matches this spring.”