Freshman and Sophomore College and Career Planning Night scheduled for Thursday

The freshman and sophomore college and career planning night will be this Thursday from 6:30 to 8:50 p.m. with no ticket required. The event will start in the auditorium and later have three breakout sessions, each discussing a college-related topic in different areas of the school; those who attend will get a handout with more information.

According to Melinda Stephan, college and careers programming and resources coordinator, this event will highlight college-related topics such as addressing myths and misunderstandings about college and the college planning process to freshmen and sophomores.

Stephan states, “It’s a well-received program and one of my favorites because I think it gets out the process and gets our important message (how to prepare for college and actions one should take) across to younger students and parents.”

Freshman Ellie Shen agrees with Stephan stating, “I think it’s a useful event to inform students about their future and what kind of things they should be doing moving towards it.”  By Viyang Hao