FCCLA students prepare for competitive events held in March

FCCLA shares a post on Instagram with information for those participating in STAR Events. Marissa Cheslock, FCCLA student leader and senior, said the club will be holding mandatory days for preparation in March so students can practice their presentations and receive help on their projects.

Over the next few weeks, the members of Family, Career & Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) will be preparing for upcoming competitive events such as the State Leadership Conference and STAR Events. The next chapter meetings will be held on March 6 and March 20 to prepare, submit and receive feedback for these competitions.

FCCLA Adviser Nancy Spencer said via email, “Most meetings are running very smoothly as they have in the past. We have several competitions and important events coming up, so students will spend the next few weeks working closely with each other to prepare.”

Marissa Cheslock, student leader of FCCLA and senior, said she is excited to work on her project and attend both of the competitions.

Cheslock said, “We have two more chapter meetings before our state conference. On March 6, we will be going over everyone’s projects before we submit everything online. On March 20, we will be hosting a mock competition for our members to practice their presentations and receive feedback in preparation for the State Leadership Conference. We are competing virtually on March 22 and 23 and the actual State Leadership Conference will take place on April 14 in a hybrid format where awards will be announced.”

Click here to check out Carmel FCCLA’s Instagram page for posts about upcoming events.