Jewish Student Union to meet Oct. 18, plans to design, distribute locker signs

Terrance Lewis, club member and senior, works on design ideas for the Jewish Student Union (JSU) locker signs. JSU plans to have the locker signs, which will displaying club members’ Jewish names, put up within the next two weeks. ANDY YANG/ PHOTO

The Jewish Student Union (JSU) is currently working on designing and creating locker signs for members to display, according to sponsor Shelly Rubinstein via e-mail. Rubsintein said that Justine Galambus, club secretary and junior,  is the main organizer for this activity.

“We’ve already got the concept down. I’ve taken half of the pictures needed, and we are currently working on just getting the JSU symbols, names, and Hebrew names printed out,” Galambus said via email. “I’ve already bought the paper and materials. Since the typical Jewish colors are blue and gold, we have a rich yellow back. There’s also this dark blue box that we are placing the individual pictures on.”

Galambus said that these the club plans to put the locker signs up in approximately two weeks.