Math department to continue teaching as planned post-spring break; continues to monitor student performance

RISING OVER THE FINAL RUN: Naya Ankersen, pre-calculus student and senior, works on her math homework. Ankersen said she is not having trouble finding the motivation to do her math homework. MATT BARNTHOUSE / PHOTO

The CHS math department is not making any major changes to the curriculum as the end of the school year nears, according to department chairperson Jacinda Sohalski.

Sohalski said via email, “(The math department does not) really have any special plans for after spring break. (The math department) will be finishing up our curriculum and preparing for the wide variety of exams that come up.”

Sohalski also said that student’s performances will be monitored as usual.

She said, “(The math teachers) will continue to do all of the things that (they) have done throughout the year, (such as) checking in with students who are not completing homework, contacting home (and) SRT time.”

Naya Ankersen, pre-calculus student and senior, does not have problems completing her math homework.

Ankersen said, “It is not too hard (to do my math homework.) I just do (my homework) in class. I actually like math.

Link: Between “preparing” and “exams” in paragraph 2 http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/ap/about/dates