Art Club plans to meet on Nov.9, finish Freshman Center mural in a few weeks

Art Club is scheduled to have its next official meeting Nov. 9 after school in Room C127 to add to the mural in the Freshman Center and to discuss upcoming events. Last year, the Art Club painted the mural in the Freshman Center hallway with the world of imaginary in mind. This year, the club decided to paint the history of art on the mural. Kelley Yu, Art Club member and freshman, said she really enjoys this year’s theme.

“I personally like this (theme), because it shows the variety and depth of the components of art history.”

According to Art Club sponsor Jen Bubp, the club will be quite busy during November with special events and projects.

“We are working on the mural for the Freshman Center hallway and we are going to be painting holiday windows at Carmel City Center,” she said.

Yu said the overall group effort has been immense, however, due to the secondary project to design windows; the process of finishing the mural has been slowed.

“I think the mural looks undone right now, but I can kind of visualize how it’d look cool once we are done.”