Swing Club to participate in Secret Santa next meeting

Members of the Swing Club show the Charleston Line, a step they learned last semester. During their next meeting on Jan. 12 after school outside of the main cafeteria, they are going to participate in Secret Santas, as well as reviewing steps they learned in the first semester.

The Swing Club will participate in Secret Santa during their meeting on Jan. 12 outside of the main cafeteria from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.

Members of the Swing Club show the Charleston Line, a step they learned last semester. During their next meeting on Jan. 12  after school outside of the main cafeteria, they are going to participate in Secret Santas, as well as reviewing steps they learned in the first semester.
Juniors Royce McConnell and Jessica McPherson of the Swing Club show the Charleston Line, a step they learned last semester. During their next meeting on Jan. 12 after school outside of the main cafeteria, they are going to participate in Secret Santa, as well as review steps they learned in the first semester. SITHA VALLABHANENI / PHOTO

According to president and senior Shea Rhoutsong, the whole club will be participating. This is the second time the club has done Secret Santa.

“I think (the meeting will) be very fun and interesting,” Rhoutsong said.

Caren Rickett, co-sponsor and Latin teacher, said that along with Secret Santa, the club will review steps they learned last semester.

Member and junior Royce McConnell said, “Hopefully we can get a couple of new people into the club. And I hope we can go more to Fountain Square to go swing dancing.”