Hip Hop Club Finds New Sponsor, Plans Meetings

Kelley Yu, Hip Hop Club president, practices during one of the club’s weekly meetings. The club recently found a new sponsor and has planned to keep its weekly meetings going. “It is where students can freely express themselves,” Yu said.

CHS’s Hip Hop Club has managed to find a new sponsor. The club has also began its weekly meetings. Meetings take place every Tuesday from 3:15 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the commons area.

Kelley Yu, Hip Hop Club president and junior, encourages students to join the club. “It is where students can freely express themselves,” Yu said.  In past years, the club has had dozens of members, however currently the club is very small. “It is better to have fun together.” After Nicole Laughrey left as sponsor, the club had to find a new one. After searching, the club will be sponsored by Allison Hargrove. In addition to its weekly meetings, the club will also be hosting a homecoming day booth in order to advertise the club.

Allison Hargrove, club sponsor, also encourages students to join the club. “I think the responsibilities of high school can be overwhelming at times, so this is a way to have fun and relax for a bit,” Hargrove said. “I cannot wait to see how much they improve over the year, or, more importantly have fun with one another.” She is a new to CHS and is looking forward to get involved and meet new students.

For more information about Hip Hop Club, visit https://hilite.org/?s=hip+hop+club. “It brings many different people together…(and) gives students an outlet for self expression,” Hargrove said.