Hip Hop Club Plans Weekly Meetings

CHS’ Hip Hop Club has failed to meet for the past couple of weeks, but plants to continue to meet for its weekly gatherings of dance. At the meetings, the club typically practices it’s hip hop dance routines.

Jane Yu, Hip Hop Club president and junior, encouraged more students to attend the meetings. “(Hip Hop Club) encourages students to be confident and… to express themselves in a healthy way,” Yu said. While the club has failed to meet for the past few weeks, it will continue to hold meetings. At the meetings, which typically occur weekly from 3:15 p.m. until 4 p.m. in the commons area, the club practices hip hop dancing. This year the club is working with Smile Train in order to put Hip Hop dance toward a good cause, but the club will not know the success of the program until the end of the year.

Allison Hargrove, Hip Hop Club sponsor, also encouraged more students to attend the meetings. “It’s an outlet for self-expression and creativity,” Hargrove said. According to Hargrove, the club has a growing amount of interest with more students asking about joining.

For more information about Hip Hop Club, visit https://hilite.org/?s=hip+hop+club or contact Jane Yu. “Our kids are really talented and passionate, particularly about dance, and Hip Hop Club allows students to share this interest with their peers,” Hargrove said.