Typography and Design Club to create Etsy shop

Carly Chia (right), Typography and Design Club’s vice president and sophomore, talks to senior Jackie Hu (right) after school in the main commons. Chia said she looks forward to creating an Etsy store with the club’s members in the future. PHOTO/ JASMINE LAM

According to Carly Chia, vice president of Typography and Design Club and sophomore, members will continue to learn on how to make hand lettering and crafts in order to eventually sell their crafts and cards on an online shop that they plan to create in the future.

“Right now, (members) are doing brush lettering and water coloring,” she said. “Then, we hope to accomplish in making our own prints and designs and stuff and sell on an Etsy shop so we can raise money and donate to other shops.”

Carly Chia (right), Typography and Design Club's vice president and sophomore, talks to senior Jackie Hu (right) after school in the main commons. Chia said she looks forward to creating an Etsy store with the club's members in the future. PHOTO/ JASMINE LAM

In addition, sponsor Kristin Lentz said while Typography and Design Club’s members will continue to master calligraphy and crafting throughout this process.

Lentz said, “(Members) are going to learn on different types of calligraphy as they made pretty notebooks in the past.”