Orchestra students prepare for ISSMA

Chloe+Wise%2C+freshman+and+Sinfonia+Orchestra+member%2C+eats+her+lunch+after+orchestra+class.+Wise+said+she+looks+forward+to+the+upcoming+Winter+Concert+after+Thanksgiving+break.+
Chloe Wise, freshman and Sinfonia Orchestra member, eats her lunch after orchestra class. Wise said she looks forward to the upcoming Winter Concert after Thanksgiving break.

According to Elizabeth Ohly- Davis, one of the three orchestra directors, students should prepare for their individual, as well as group, ISSMA Solo and Ensemble contest pieces. The competition will begin at the end of January and February, and is open to students in all grades. In addition, Concert G1 and G3, Sinfonia, Festival and Philharmonic will play at the Winter Concert, which will be on Dec. 10.

“Philharmonic Orchestra is starting their chamber music unit early in class,” Ohly- Davis said. “They are also adding winds, brass and percussion in extra rehearsals to form the second full orchestra here at CHS.”

Chloe Wiser, sophomore and Philharmonic Orchestra member, said she believes the orchestra will do well on the Winter Concert as a result of the class’ hard work.

“We work really hard and we sound pretty good right now, even if we’re not completely ready to get yet,” Wiser said.