Hip Hop Club Plans Meetings, ND Battle

A+student+participates+in+one+of+Hip+Hop+Club%E2%80%99s+weekly+meetings%2C+where+students+gather+to+practice+their+dance+routines+and+prepare+for+battles.+The+club+will+continue+to+hold+these+meetings+and+has+also+begun+planning+for+its+annual+ND+Battle%2C+Jane+Yu%2C+Hip+Hop+Club+president+and+junior%2C+said.+
A student participates in one of Hip Hop Club’s weekly meetings, where students gather to practice their dance routines and prepare for battles. The club will continue to hold these meetings and has also begun planning for its annual ND Battle, Jane Yu, Hip Hop Club president and junior, said.

Hip Hop will continue to meet every week on Tuesdays from 3:15 until 4 p.m. in the commons area. The club has also begun to plan its annual ND Battle.

Jane Yu, Hip Hop Club president and junior, encouraged students to attend the club’s weekly meetings. “We gather (and) put on music,” Yu said.

Yu has started talking to prior Hip Hop Club presidents about planning the annual ND Battle. At ND Battle, students can either perform dances or watch others perform. Also, the proceeds benefit a charity, such as Riley Children’s Hospital. There is usually a professional DJ and prizes for participants, however this has not yet been confirmed for this year’s event. The event will take place in either March or April, Yu said.

Allison Hargrove, Hip Hop Club sponsor, also encouraged students to join the club. “Anyone can come,” Hargrove said via email. “We meet in the commons area and play music while students practice their moves.”

For more information, visit https://hilite.org/?s=hip+hop+club or contact Yu.