Men’s swimming and diving season to open on Dec. 6 at North Central

The sophomore swimmers pose for their photo before practice starts. The men’s first meet is on Dec. 6.

The men’s swimming and diving team will have their first meet on Dec. 6 at North Central High School. This is the first step in the long journey until State Finals, held in February.
According to Head Coach Chris Plumb this meet is a good indicator of where the team stands. “This is our first test, the first time we go head-to-head against another team,” Plumb said.
In this meet, not every swimmer will race. Zach Wilson, swimmer and sophomore, hopes he gets the chance to swim. “Coach only picks swimmers who he believes deserve to race. There are a lot of great swimmers on the team and sometimes it can be challenging to race every time.
Plumb is also the Head Coach of Carmel Swim Club, in which many of the CHS swimmers participate in. “Carmel Swim Club is a year round program that helps develops swimmers and keeps them in top shape, which is crucial as high school swimming is an extremely competitive sport.”