Three college fairs scheduled through November

Three important events are scheduled during the fall months of this year; they are the Greater Indianapolis Southside College Fair, National College Fair of Indianapolis, and Colleges that Change Lives (CTCL) college fair.

The Greater Indianapolis Southside College Fair on Oct. 6 is particularly useful for high school students, not just exclusively juniors and seniors, according to Vicki Nunery, personnel at the College and Career Resource Center at CHS. This event taking place at Greenwood Park Mall will start 6:00 p.m. and end 8:00 p.m.

According to Nunery, students get a unique opportunity to learn more about scholarships, academic programs, financial aid, admissions, and athletic eligibility.

Taking place at 100 S. Capitol Ave. from 9:00 a.m. to noon and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., the National College Fair of Indianapolis on Nov. 16 strives to simplify the over-complicated process of requesting information from colleges.

“Filling out college applications can be stressful, so it helps to have someone who understands to help you go through the process,” senior Ziyue “Zoe” Yan said.

The third event is the CTCL college fair taking place at 502 E. Carmel Dr. from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Sept. 15 allows students to receive college information from and speak directly with admission representatives from colleges.

“The college fair is an efficient way to receive information about colleges without actually having to go to that college,” Nunery said.

She also said that she would encourage CHS students to fill out request forms and visit the College and Career Resource Center as well as attend meetings where college representatives visit, as advertised in the senior bulletin board.

Monica Cheng is a news reporter for the HiLite. Contact her at [email protected].