Orchestra students to prepare for upcoming year

The cello section of Symphony Orchestra practices their new music. Angelike “Kiki” Koniaris said, “Cello section is the best section.”

Angela Qian

As orchestra classes resume, students are reassembled into new orchestras. Margaret Hite, associate director of orchestras, said freshmen moving in from middle schools “are getting used to each other and used to the higher level of playing and expectations here at the high school.” However, Hite said she feels great going into the new year.

Angelike “Kiki” Koniaris, assistant section leader for cellos in Symphony Orchestra and senior, agrees.

“I feel super confident and excited. We have a great orchestra. We’re playing some really cool music I’ve never heard before, and I think it’s gonna be great,” said Koniaris.

The orchestras have their first concert on Oct. 10, and Koniaris is excited.

Koniaris said, “Personally, I know that our cello section is really strong this year. We have so many great voices, and everyone is super eager to learn and improve and participate. I think it’s absolutely wonderful.”

0
Angela Qian, Feature Reporter

Hi! My name is Angela Qian, and I'm a writing coach and second-year feature reporter. Last year, I was also a beats editor. Outside of HiLite, I've been...