DECA district exams to take place in Main Cafeteria during SRT on Nov. 29, Dec. 3

Sophomore+Nimish+Bhat+helps+out+a+DECA+member+during+a+roleplay+practice+session+in+SRT.+%22Students+in+role+plays+come+in+to+practice+in+front+of+role+play+heads+like+me%2C%22+Bhat+said.+%22We+tell+them+what+they+did+well+on++and+what+they+can+improve+on.%22+

Sophomore Nimish Bhat helps out a DECA member during a roleplay practice session in SRT.

Sophomore Nimish Bhat helps out a DECA member during a roleplay practice session in SRT. "Students in role plays come in to practice in front of role play heads like me," Bhat said. "We tell them what they did well on and what they can improve on."

Natalie Khamis

DECA members will take their event’s designated district exam during both sessions of SRT on Nov. 29 and Dec. 3 in the Main Cafeteria.

Laura Cardamon, DECA co-sponsor and business teacher, said she will take the time in class to go through practice tests with her students on Competition University, a software that DECA adopted this year to help students prepare for upcoming competitions.

“My students are going in Competition University to get a feel for what types of questions are fair game for the district exams.” Cardamon said. “The exams are specific for each type of cluster or event a student is in so the types of questions are endless.”

Nimish Bhat, roleplay head for business management and administration and sophomore, said she encourages all members to utilize the practice tests and other resources that Competition University offers in order to prepare for the district exams.

“You can go into Competition University and watch videos that talk about specific aspects of each cluster,” Bhat said. “By watching those videos, you gain a lot of knowledge about content, which you can apply to taking your actual exam.” By Natalie Khamis

0
Natalie Khamis, Beats Editor

Hi everyone! My name is Natalie Khamis and I am a first-year news reporter and beats editor for the Hilite. When I'm not working on Hilite assignments,...