Cabinet plans Euchre Tournament, Dance Fusion/Zumba Class, Basketball Tailgate

House members meet in the freshmen cafeteria during SRT. The next House meetings will take place during SRT on Jan. 30 and Feb. 13.

According to speaker of the House Neil Walker Simmons and Cabinet sponsor Sarah Wolff, members will be busy the next couple of weeks organizing the Euchre Tournament, which will take place in the Main Cafeteria on Jan. 25 starting at 3:30 p.m., Dance Fusion/Zumba Class, rescheduled from Jan. 12 to Feb. 2 from 11 a.m. to noon, and Basketball Tailgate, which will take place in the Freshmen Cafeteria on Feb. 8 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. To participate in the events, each team needs to pay $5 for the Euchre Tournament, $10 for the Dance Fusion/Zumba Class, and $5 for the Basketball Tailgate.

Cabinet sponsor Sarah Wolff said, “Our goal is to have a wide outreach to our school and our community. In our Euchre tournament, we have faculty and staff play in that too together (with the students). I think people who want to play cards might be a different group of people who want to go to a workout class for an hour and might be a different group of people who want to go to a tailgate before a basketball game, so within three weeks, we’ve got three different target audiences for our charity.”

In addition to the upcoming events, Simmons also said Cabinet will have two “food kickbacks”. On Jan. 30, members will sell Chick-fil-A breakfast items, and on Jan. 31, Cabinet will encourage the community to participate in Freddy’s Kickback Night at Freddy’s on 146th Street.

Simmons said, “(Planning’s) going well. It’s a busier couple of months for us. There’s a lot of (Cabinet events) coming at us. Right now, it’s nice because it’s the beginning of the semester, so for us ‘school people,’ (there’s) not a lot of (school work) going on, so (now we can) put a lot of our focus to (the Cabinet events).”

0