Ambassadors plan to compete in a few days

Gui+Basso+explains+what+getting+ready+to+compete+is+like+from+the+eyes+of+a+student.+Basso+said+it+is+fun+seeing+it+all+fit+together+and+watch+it+become+something+they+can+perform.+
Gui Basso explains what getting ready to compete is like from the eyes of a student. Basso said it is fun seeing it all fit together and watch it become something they can perform.

Ambassadors is going full steam ahead to wrap everything up for its first competition on Feb. 16 at Center Grove High School in Greenwood. The competition, called Best of the Midwest, will be Ambassadors’ first of four competitions in the 2018-19 school year.

Kyle Barker, associate choral director and lead director of Ambassadors, says that he works with them to make a product they can be proud of.

Barker said, “We have competition in like (11)  days, so we have a choreographer in this week and we’ve got a clinician in this week trying to set a bunch of stuff. We’re hoping to get the show set and ready to go hopefully by the end of the week so that we have next week to just kind of get it ready.”

Gui Basso, member of Ambassadors and sophomore, agreed with Barker saying the students have been putting in a lot of effort in hopes that it will pay off.

Basso said, “ I mean it’s a lot of work, yes. I don’t really think (it’s stressful)  because like it’s like a lot of stuff to do but like they’re really good at like making sure we have enough time to like figure everything out.”