Math department administers ISTEP exam

Math department administers ISTEP exam

Math department chair Jacinda Sohalski quietly works at her desk. In the following week, she will be working to administer ISTEP exams.

Brian Zhang

The math department is now administering the ISTEP exam, according to math department chairperson Jacinda Sohalski. Sohalski said that preparation for ISTEP exam is a big undertaking, as it tests so many students.
“Since we have to test all sophomores ISTEP is a lot of planning,” said Sohalski. “We have sophomores in all different classes from geometry up to AP Calculus BC, and we have to pull students from all those classes and coordinate the testing.”

Sohalski said that, currently, the math department’s primary focus is administering the ISTEP exam.
Joey Herons, Math Club president and junior, said he is optimistic for the upcoming school year. “I think the math department was very good last semester, and I believe they will be better in this semester,” Herons said.

0
Brian Zhang, Perspectives Editor

Hi, I'm Brian Zhang, one of the HiLite's Perspectives Editors. In the past, I have filled the roles as a Feature Reporter, Cover Reporter, and Beats Editor....