College ‘Go’ week to begin Sept. 26, allows seniors to apply to colleges without application fees

A reperesentative from Taylor University explains the resources the school can provide. College Go Week allows students to explore multiple colleges before making their final college choices. HENRY ZHU/ PHOTO
A representative from Taylor University explains the resources the school can provide. College Go Week allows students to explore multiple colleges before making their final college choices. HENRY ZHU/ PHOTO

According to college counselor Vicki Nunery, College “Go” Week is scheduled to take place from Sept. 26 to 30.The event allows seniors to apply to colleges such as Ball State University and Indiana State University without having to pay a fee for application costs.

Nunery said, “(College “Go” Week) is just an event to help kids who may not have the money to apply to the colleges that they want to.”

According to senior Terry Ming, “I think that (school college programs) are beneficial to the seniors who graduate every year. They let you talk to colleges and talk to admissions in those colleges. They also let you see what colleges want in an applicant.”

College “Go” Week is not only an event to help seniors, but also a week in which all grades can look towards college and prepare for college.

“If students would like to more about College “Go” Week, I encourage them to visit the website for the event,” Nunery said.

For more information on College “Go” Week, click here.

A representative from Taylor University explains the resources the school can provide. College "Go" Week will start Sept. 26 and allows students to apply to colleges without having to pay application fees. HENRY ZHU/ PHOTO
View Comments (1)
$20
$500

• A

Andy YangSep 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

How exactly do I take advantage of College “Go” Week? When I apply will there simply be no cost or is there something specific I need to do? On another note, this is a fantastic story. Nice job Eric.

Reply